View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 09:02 AM   #13
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
@chros, I'd prefer not to, since 5.2 is pretty useless since neither FBReader nor Coolreader run on it (I am still surprised that Koreader does, I thought PB had removed that option completely).
Since 5.2 also seems slower it would be better to get Koreader on PB running on GLIBC_2.9.
I'll ask at the German forum though, I guess there are enough people still on 5.2!
OK, by simply grepping GLIBC_2.* strings from 4.* and 5.* firmware update binaries, I found that 5.* firmware is targeted to GLIBC 2.9 while 4.* firmware is targeted to GLIBC 2.5. Since the original koreader for PocketBook uses some functions from GLIBC 2.7, it should work on firmware 5.* but not 4.*.

A new preview build has been uploaded to support PocketBook 4.* firmware by disabling those GLIBC_2.7 function calls.

@WS64 Could you test if 2014.11-38-preview works on your firmware 4.4?
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote