View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #55
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, I just now tried the April 10th build on my wife's laptop. Downloaded it direct from the github releases. Moved the dmg from Downloads to the Desktop. Created a new folder on the Desktop called junk and after double-clicking the dmg was able to copy Sigil.app into the junk folder. Trashed the mounted Disk Image, and deleted the dmg just to prevent any confusion.

Next I opened the junk folder and double-clicked Sigil.app and it started up and runs just fine. This is in a laptop that has never had Sigil on it before.

So something specific to your Mac is causing a problem for apps not launched from your Applications folder. Are you using any anti-virus software or some other sandbox or "security" software that might be interfering?

If it isn't that or issues with disk permissions, I really have no idea why it is doing that on your machine. Could you try it on another Mac to see if it has the same issue for you? I have tried in 3 different recent Macs with no problems at all (one OSX 10.10.5, one OSX 10.11.6, and one OSX 10.12.3 (Sierra).
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote