View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Actually, I think I'd rather have a normal left alignment than a less-than-perfect hanging punctuation.
Jellby, my sweet:

This feeling is because you work only on what intrigues or interests you. Tex and I are book-slaves. This means that we have to endure and survive, and I, more than most, have to deal directly with poet-clients. What if the hang is supposed to be "perfectly" aligned with the 4th letter? Or the 8th? Or halfway across the line, perfectly aligned with the first lower-case "t" in "buttwax?"

No, no...that way lies madness. Said it earlier, say it again. MAAAADNESS. I mean...if you consider that you wouldn't make yourself crazed for the first lower-case "t" in "buttwax," you can see that the first letter after the opening quotemark is really the same thing. It's all just a matter of degree. So to speak.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote