View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #711
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
PW2 Search Function Not Working on Jailbroken 5.4.2.1?

This is a new one on me. My PW2 silently upgraded to 5.4.2.1, but my jailbreak was preserved and, after re-installing python, kindlets, KUAL and font hack and ss hack, all was good in my world. And, for good measure, added BackDoorLock in KUAL.

But now, out of no where, any time I search inside of any book using the search function at the top of the screen, it returns no results. I've tried with many different books and file formats, sideloaded, directly downloaded from Amazon, etc. Same result if I highlight a word and try to search for it within the book that way.

Is this an indexing problem? I have no indication that indexing is going on or hasn't previously fully run (battery is not discharging fast).

I would do a factory reset and start all over, but will I lose my jailbreak and the bridge that allows 5.4.2.1 to work? Or should I try something simpler, like deleting all of my books (ugh) and re-adding them one at a time?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment anyone can offer here!

EDIT: OK, if search using "All Text" instead of "This Book" I'll get some results, but not the book in which I'm searching (and know the term exists). Deleted and redownloaded the book from the Cloud (fully paid for Amazon title). Waited for re-indexing. Still no go.

For indexing, does anyone know if it matters whether its an AZW3 file or a MOBI file? Or if it's DRM protected or DRM stripped? Sideloaded through Calibre or downloaded directly from Amazon? I wouldn't think any of those would make a difference, but I can't figure out why some titles are working with search, and others are not.

I guess I could also completely delete the Search Index folder contents, but given that redownloading a book didn't work, I'm think that will just be a big waste of time....

EDIT2: Deleted the Search Index -- but the Kindle is not re-indexing any of the titles now, even after a restart??? Result is search doesn't work on any title, even the ones it worked on before. Nor are those titles listed in ongoing indexing (when I do a nonsensical search from the home page).

EDIT3: OK, did it the long way. Did a factory reset (which I think did not erase the jailbreak, although I reinstalled it anyway and got the **Jailbreak** logo), and then reinstalled everything else, painstakingly one at a time. Indexing is now fully working on all titles, so I have no idea what happened.

Moderators, if you think this narrative will be of little use to anyone else, please feel free to delete.

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 02-13-2014 at 05:33 PM. Reason: More info
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote