View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #104
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The above goes a little above my head right now. I was into linux hacking a long time ago, but most of these skills are so aged that I would not even be able to config a package anymore these days.

It would indeed also be nice to be able to plug my kindle via USB to my computer, and see the OS files on the kindle, and just edit the file in a text editor to modify the values.

I guess it won't be that simple then huh?
well, if you run linux, and more specifically, a distro that comes with nautilus (a file manager), if you launch Connect to server from nautilus' menu, then type in the usbnet info of the kindle, then it'll show up similar to a flash drive, and then you can edit things with your regular computers.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote