View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thank you knc1. The first post you linked probably says the most important thing right at the beginning:

The only complain I have is the wiki. Of course I don't expect full documentation, but one link in there would be nice: a link towards at least download location of usbnetwork for Kindle Touch / PW. That is the main reason I did not simply link to the wiki in post #2. I think that if you did not already know or seen it before, it is really hard to find - even if employing search in the forum.
Correct -
As a quick fix - a summary here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=7

If a person searches hard enough and long enough they will find the thread that **was supposed** to contain the step-by-step noobie to ssh guide.

Only the author never completed the thread by posting the directions.
(Which is why it never got indexed.)

Author to blame: knc1

Go here and grab the 'raw' version:
http://hg.minimodding.com/repos/lua/...le_install.pdf
Read only Part II, Section 2.2 - Client side.

That was going to be the source of the step-by-step directions that I never got around to converting into "Kindle Specific" and posting last spring.

Last edited by knc1; 12-31-2012 at 09:06 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote