View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #3
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I bought my mom a 6" EZ Reader and her's barely gets locked; always on. Just "on" for the past two and half weeks almost. She appears to be reading as much as I have if not more. Now she's lost 1 notch on the battery since then. Sounds awesome to me.

The other thing is my SD card sticks out. Not much, but enough for me to say, "hey that's not flush against the overall unit".
Try copying your books over USB to the internal memory and remove the SD card. I suspect you'll find that you'll be getting MUCH longer battery life. I'm in the middle of an experiment. I was getting only 4-5 days before mine was down to 2 or even 1 bar. I moved a few books to the internal memory and removed the SD card, and I'm now starting my 8th day with the battery still at 4 bars. I suspect that the SD card is not powered down (if the hardware is even capable of that) when the keyboard is locked, and continues to draw power 24 hours a day. Of course, some SD cards will draw more or less power than others. Follow this thread for more details:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60413
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote