View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Maybe for something like reading something off the bestseller list (although that would make the nomination process boring).
Bestseller might be a good idea. Would it have to be a current best seller? We could also do other lists too... like Hugo nominees or well, there's got to be other writing awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I think whomever nominates the winning book for the month should be responsible for posting discussion questions of some sort on a weekly basis, to help keep the discussion interesting.
That is an interesting idea... but I wonder if it would also discourage people from nominating a book. I think the more casual we make this the more people will play along. I also think the more people we have involved the more traffic the discussion threads will get. As you say, some have been pretty thin while others were quite busy.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote