View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #66
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
W.W. Bean Vegetable Soup

Okay, when I was doing weight watchers, I mean really following it, it worked wonders. However, sometimes, I got really really hungry for something substantial....I got this recipe years ago, and it comes out to 2 points per cup. This is practically nothing, and please, before you go "ICK" at the ingredients, try it. The marriage after 8-10hrs in a crock pot does wonders.......and its even better the next day!

14 oz. chicken broth
28 oz crushed (or diced, your choice) tomatoes
16 oz can pinto beans
16 oz can black beans
16 oz can red kidney beans
16 oz can refried beans. (this is a thickener!! You won't even know they are there.)
1 onion, diced
16 oz bag frozen veggies.
2 Tablespoons dry taco seasoning

Throw everything into a crockpot. Stir well, cover, and walk away. Needs to cook for at least 8 hrs........

Obviously, this makes a bunch. I never froze it, because we ate it daily, but I would imagine it would freeze okay.

Served with a salad and some bread, a really good meal.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote