View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I have the same problem with the Add Books dialog never disappering (on XP Pro +SP3). I wonder if Kovid's version of Windows is different in any way?

Looking at the Calibre source it I notice some strange anomalies between what I see and what I would expect to see:

- When adding multiple books a message is displayed in the dialog about "Reading Metadata" for every book except the last. The source implies there should be one even for the last file.

- Then after a few seconds the dialog back is cleared and goes to pure white (except for the title bar). There should be messages about adding the books to the database.

- After a delay, the main window becomes active again. At this point the Adding Books dialog should disappear but does not. I must admit, though, that looking at the source that I do not see how the progress.Hide() statement at the end of the block that should remove the dialog box is not working as expected.

As Kovid cannot reproduce this and I can do it reliably, I am going to play with tweaks at the source level to see if I can change this behavior, and also to confirm that the statements are being executed as expected from my reading of the source.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote