View Single Post
Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #75
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by angor00 View Post
But booting from external SD on Aura is the same as on Glo, Touch or Aura HD. It gives a chance to debug the kernel without a fear to brick the device.
I was wondering if its possible to add an "if" to the bootloader.

I don't know anything about programming, but can it be done that when the Dual-booting loader in the Nickel card starts booting the extSD, to do it ONLY "if" an extSD is present.
If not, it should continue as normal (and do a factory reset).
Then we wouldn't have a need for another card to reset the device.

Of course, as I said, I don't know how hard or even possible this is...

The other way around would be the start menu that tshering is developing.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote