View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #694
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The serial output shows that u-boot reported "Invalid board id! Can't determine system type for RAM init.. bailing!", which is what I got on my K4. It reports that message when deciding how to init DRAM, based on the pcbsn idme var. Right after the code reads that var (using idme_find_var?) I changed the return value to my original pcbsn. I also did that for the other known idme vars. Then it booted, and I used "idme -d" from SSH to write those to mmc.

But I was able to use MfgTool to run my custom u-boot.

EDIT: If you cannot build your own, it may be possible to patch my u-boot binary, replacing my idme vars with your own.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-16-2012 at 11:13 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote