View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Did you ever question to think maybe it's the difference between trying to read on a small phone rather than a machine that is around the same size as your typical paperback?
Not for me. I had an Iphone, have a android phone now. Have had the iPad (1) and now have the iPad (3) and a Nexus 7.

Machine size doesn't make a difference, since I can set the fonts to all the same basic size on all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
I also think that a great many people are simply in denial that their eyes maybe changing and it might be time to get some glasses. It's always better to blame a piece of technology rather than sucumb to admitting the fact of an aging body.
I've worn glasses since I was 12, and am 50 now. It's no fun, but I keep up with my perscription and even pay extra to have computer glasses for that mid-range to make reading on my large monitors easier.

But even then, it all comes down to looking straight into a light source. Size of the screen, font size and brightness don't make a difference between them. I still get eye strain from looking straight into a light source for more than a certain period of time.

Strain I've never once gotten on an eInk machine. And I read on those for hours at a time.
DuskyRose is online now   Reply With Quote