View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #13
KindleChickie
Connoisseur
KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DX, iPad 2, Kindle 3, Nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
If Amazon wants me to give even the slightest credence to their customer reviews, here's what they can do:

-- Require all customer reviews to be signed with the review author's name and town.

-- Only allow reviews by reviewers who have had packages successfully delivered to their name and address

Getting back to the OP, has anyone mentioned that this crime author is published by a big six imprint?

The problem is with the Amazon review system, not with who is, or is not, the publisher.
You have got to be kidding about using real names and towns. There are some seriously mentally I'll people who prowl Amazons reviews.

Amazons review system and tagging just plain sucks. Authors and fellow reviewers alike are abusive and predatory with Amazon turning a blind eye. Tagging has made it so you have to dig through pages of things you are not looking for to find anything. If I search for a specific book series by a specific author, I get all sorts of books that I am not interested in. Or search for a Cole Haan cover for my DX and get cover that either are not Cole Haan or even for the DX.

Since Amazon started charging sales tax for my state, there is no more incentive to even deal with their broken system. I leave it to the loonies and cyberstalked.
KindleChickie is offline   Reply With Quote