View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
IcarusMiles
IcarusMiles began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah, my text books are large like that. =\ And certain words are printed in blues. It would probably be fine for most of my Psych classes, not so much for biology ones, though.
I was also looking at a Nexus 7 (with a capacitive stylus, of course), does anyone know anything about them? I have zero intention on using it for youtube (I don't youtube, google plus, any of that stuff), but since I can't use smart phones I have zero experience with tablets too. Also, our most technological store is Walmart... the nearest BestBuy, Target, everything else is more than 80 miles away, so online is pretty much my only option right now, I can't go and handle devices to see how they look because there aren't any here. Also, our craigslist... any entries that ARE for our town are like tubed TVs and stuff.
I have looked at ebay for inexpensive Kindle DX and I think that may be the route I take, but I haven't decided. I just want to use it for my textbooks, and give it to my mom afterwards so she can read on it. Kindle DX seems more than large enough, but is black and white. Nexus 7 is smaller, but someone else suggested it, and it has color, and I guess I could find some other use for it afterward.
I just feel lost with all this stuff,a dn overwhelmed by all the different types and interfaces. I just need an easy way to read and do my college assignments, while hopefully not leaving me broke and unable to afford textbooks come January. =\
IcarusMiles is offline   Reply With Quote