View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #289
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
It did seem to leave a space when there was nothing in that field, which I haven't decided whether I like or not.
You should be able to get rid of the space by putting your newline character inside the actual brackets of the formula rather than after the closing bracket. e.g. something like:
Code:
{#warnings:|\nWarning: |}{#genre:|\nGenre: |}...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethN View Post
what a neat idea. Is the created cover insertable/attachable/replaceable to the file without having to convert? currently to get a metadata jacket into a file I have to convert, i.e. mobi to mobi. If it can be added without conversion, is it only on drm-free books or will it work on evil drm'd books?
I see 44reader suggested Modify ePub, however you mention you personally use mobi formats. If you are looking to stick with mobi only then there are no plugin tools to help. One reason why so many of us use ePub as a master format - so you can use Modify ePub to insert metadata jackets and replace covers without doing ePub -> ePub conversions. However that will still leave in your case (as it does in mine as a Kindle owner also) the need to then do an ePub -> Mobi conversion at the end.

Depending on how an existing cover is defined inside your existing mobi files, you may find in some cases that calibre will substitute in the latest cover for you anyways when sending the mobi to your device, without going down the ePub route. However that is a dice roll though, it depends on the manifest inside the mobi file and whether it already has an existing cover. If you have converted it with calibre already then it should be replaceable. So you could generate a new cover using this plugin, then send to device/save to disk and see if the new cover is inserted.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote