View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Checked Baggage Policies

Since we're MOBILE readers here, with many of us being frequent travelers, I thought I'd share this, from United Airlines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by United Airlines
Before your next trip with us, we would like you to know about changes to our checked baggage policy and revised fees for excess, overweight, oversized baggage and special items, effective for travel on or after August 18, 2008.

If you purchase a United EconomyŽ ticket on or after June 13, 2008 for travel on or after August 18, 2008, a $15 service fee will apply, each way, to check your first piece of baggage. This fee applies to travel within the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada.

As previously announced, a $25 fee will apply to check a second bag when flying on a ticket purchased on or after February 4, 2008. Please refer to the chart below to see which checked baggage fees may apply to you.
American Airlines has a similar policy. What does this really mean? It means more people trying to bring their huge overstuffed roll-a-boards, plus their giant rolling laptop cases, onto the already overcrowded plane. I know about 90% of the time I get to my seat, all the nearby overhead bins are completely stuffed already.

Then what? Then more people have to fight their way upstream to get their bags checked, more delays, more angry people.

I think this is a boneheaded idea.

It's way past time to nationalize air travel in the U.S.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote