View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
That's fine.
Tools are now upgraded to deal with the inclusion of media files, it'll be a snap to adjust how the ePUB files are coded to support whatever the outcome is.

But I'll still try to push the envelope with some experimantal inclusion of sound in some new eBooks that we're publishing ourselves through our own product delivery system. Punters buying books through the normal channels will have to put up with the 'safe' version.

Really, it's SO frustrating when you see people like Adobe, Quark etc waving about all these nice media-rich examples when in reality there's no player to play them on and no agreement on the spec.
I sat and listened to a great talk at the London Book Fair by the people from the IDPF about the coming format... I really feel cheated and dissapointed that it's all come to naught.
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote