View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #19
mangus580
mangus580 began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Yanno, I love Calibre for my ebooks. It does an awesome job..... now, that said, i wish i could ingetrate my audio books as well. I understand the comments about movies & music, and I agree.

Audio books though, I feel should be included. Think about it. You have a book, and several formats of said book (epub, mobi, pdf - for instance). If you have it in mp3 format too, it should just be able to list that format as well, and offer it up to the user. I like to collect both, and it would be very nice to have all organized in the same manner.

I honestly think its a no brainer to add audiobook support to Calibre. I understand the issues around format conversion with audio - that doesnt need to be a feature (yet at least). But I dont see it being very hard to get it to recognize audio book files, and tag them appropriately just like ebooks. I suppose there might have to be some preference settings to tell it how to manage them for specific devices (as you may need to put your audio books in a different location than ebooks on your device).

Long story short... a book is a book... be it epub, mobi, pdf, azw, doc, mp3, etc... Makes sense for Calibre to be the end all 'electronic' book library, both e-book and audio...
mangus580 is offline   Reply With Quote