View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
All that said, I share some of the frustration about alphabetizing schemes. I went along with Calibre's default of [firstname lastname], but wish I had overridden from the beginning to do [lastname, firstname]. I don't quite buy into the "blackbox" model of the Calibre library, as I often look at those files for one reason or another--don't change them, but check them or copy from them--and it would be better if all those folders were sorted by last name. It would also make the GUI easier to scan when sorted by author.

I understand that one can do that more simply as an option now in Calibre, but I don't know how to easily convert from the scheme I've got.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote