View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
Interesting. Is that a Canadian number?

And is it only possible to put the request to them by phone? Is there no e-mail facility?
I don't think it's a Canadian number. And, if there was an e-mail facility, I would say that they would have forwarded my original e-mail to that Department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levelpart View Post
Sony doesn't usually add features requested by users to the firmware of their devices. Ask any psp or ps3 owner about media playback on these two consoles (it's very limited).
But, it doesn't hurt to try, does it? Even if this will not be available for the existing models, there is a chance to include more dictionaries in the next models. Of course, there is also that 'what if' - what if you are wrong? What if they will include more dictionaries? What if they will not include it in the firmware, but they will make it available for download, for a fee? I would be happy to see it in a firmware, for free, but I would be willing to pay for it too. I love the fact that I can tap the word and see the definition - it's a lot more convenient than browsing a dictionary, plus it's a great way to expand one's vocabulary!

As I said, it won't hurt to try and it will only cost you 10-15 minutes of your time. If you think it's worth, then go for it, if not, just ignore the posting.
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote