View Single Post
Old 08-29-2021, 10:44 AM   #3211
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I was expecting something less cringe-worthy.
I've consumed lots of stuff with similarly outlandish situations that were far better. ("The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax" and TV's "Northern Exposure" come immediately to mind.)
I'm sure this book ended up in my Audible library because it was a freebie I found here on the forum. If you happen to have access to it, give the first half hour or so a try and let me know what you think.
Eeek, no thanks! I did notice that the ebook is free at Amazon, and glanced at the first couple of pages. No, no, no. I'm surprised to see that the series has continued for 20 books so far--so there must be readers out there for this kind of thing.

I don't know Northern Exposure at all. It's been a long time since I read any Mrs. Pollifax, but my recollection is that the character was fairly normal, even if the situations were not. What I don't like is the tendency in some cozies to feature an outlandish protagonist--a CIA assassin? Seriously? How is that cozy?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote