View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #134
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
Streaming a show I missed on the BBC when it was shown; 'The Last Kingdom' based on Bernard Cornwells series of books. True historical settings and events, laced with the adventures of the fictional 'hero'. Good stuff if you care for this kind of thing!
I'm on the hold list for LK S4 - hope to get it before too long.

Watched Flesh and Blood on PBS -good enough that I don't feel like I wasted my time watching but that's about it.

We're now finishing up S4 of Spiral, described as Law & Order in France. Never watched L&O so I can't say if that's accurate. Main characters are police, lawyers and judges dealing with guns, drugs, illegal immigration, and corrupt bureaucracy. And of course their personal lives are train wrecks. It's an interestingly and surprisingly (to me) unflattering view of French society, almost third-worldish in some ways.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote