View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 06:53 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
Thanks for the tips on these fonts. I think my favorite right now is Noto Serif. I can't seem to consistently get custom fonts to work on books that I send via email and am not sure why it works for some and not others. I use Calibre to convert to mobi/both and send by email within Calibre. Is there some trick that I am missing? I've tried embedding the font but that doesn't seem to matter. I also uninstalled the font hack. Am on 5.12.1 (unfortunately). I know I can convert to azw3 and send to kindle via usb but like being able to sync to my phone as well.
The reason is that you receive Mobi format eBooks from email and custom fonts are not supported by Mobi.

The solution is to not bother with email and just side load KF8 format eBooks to your Kindle. Don't bother with syncing. Just read a different book on each Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote