View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #251
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
well i increased the cache to 15 MB from 5 MB and i've encountered some interesting behaviour. Again after a few page turns, the kindle frame was restarting but i could turn pages and continue reading on kpdf. Of course there was a visible scroll bar (the loading screen of amazon kindle frame) on the page, but after a full page refresh on kpdf (menu button two times), it disappeared. And after the end of restart of frame work, i could go on reading.

So kpdf doesn't crash, it is only the amazon framework, so this new script should help.

I will post the results here after trying the new script, as i forgot my USB cable at home.

EDIT: Well i now know there are two kinds of restarts. In the first kind, i described above, only the amazon framework restarts and you can continue to read. Editing the script to kill the framework should solve this problem. But in the second kind of restart which i now encountered you see the "Wait a moment while your kindle starts up." screen, all background processes are killed including the kpdf. I think this one will be hard to solve but fortunately it is a rare case.

Last edited by reprep; 04-17-2012 at 04:16 AM.
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote