View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #243
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprep View Post
The only con i think of is the restarting of kindle with large .pdf files problem persists. Well i am on kindle DXG with 3.3 firmware if you want to know.
I'm not sure we will be able to solve this one. We still need to implement some kind of automatic memory allocation (currently it's up to user to tune maximum memory usage), but this won't solve all problems since Amazon's framework is using almost all memory available -- it's Java, after all

One possibility is to shutdown the kindle framework before reader starts (or when memory gets tight), but that would require framework to restart after exit, and that's one of features you like...
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote