View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that people read eBooks because of the lower prices. But since the publishers want the eBook prices to be high, people aren't buying. There's a lot of people who use Overdrive and those do not count as sales.
This. There's a book I'd like about an artist, it's available in paperback (new on Amazon at $10.09) for less than HALF the price of the Kindle ebook edition at $23.99!

I don't really want the print copy because it would be tough on my eyes to read, but I'm certainly reluctant to pay $23.99 for digital. If the ebook cost similar to the print copy, I'd have purchased already.

EDIT: The hardcover edition may be out of print, at least it is not currently available from Amazon, only third party sellers. That's why the comparison between paperback and digital, those are what is available from Amazon directly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by graycyn; 10-16-2017 at 11:13 AM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote