View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #64
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yep, although following that I suppose something like the Pratchett book could get nominated and I just don't see how that's a classic, doesn't mean others won't think it is though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well, yeah I see your point, it could become a straight popularity contest regardless of the category/type..
The MRBC is sort of controlled anarchy. While we don't want to be to rigid.... we also don't want someone coming in here with three accounts and nominating _The Lost Symbol_ as a classic.

I'm almost tempted to add a caveat that to be a classic the book must be in the public domain or say it must be published more than 50 years ago.

Anyway, Flatland certainly looks like a classic to me.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote