View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalake View Post
The problem is that you CAN'T delete the shelves from the Touch! If I could, I would have done so. All that happens is that the books are deleted from the shelf (as well as the books on all the duplicated shelves) but the shelf itself cannot be deleted.

I am guessing that syncing the Touch and the iPhone is done via Cloud or similar, and not each other, if that makes sense? So I am unable to see that the two devices would be out of sync as they are not connected in any way.
That is correct. The sync is to a Kobo server.

If you have two Kobo devices, or a device and the Kobo app, here is what should happen:

- Create shelf on device 1, put books on shelf.
- Sync with Kobo server. Server has details of shelf and books on shelf.
- Sync device 2 with server. Device 2 will now have details of shelf and books on it.

The same should happen if you delete a shelf on one of the devices.

What I suspect has happened for you is that the shelves have gotten out of sync between the Touch, the app and the server. The idea was to delete the repeating shelf in one place, do a sync to tell the server and then sync to the other place to remove it there. Because of the problems, it wouldn't surprise me if you need to go back and fourth a couple of times.

I did have a thought on how this might have happened. Might you have created a shelf with the same name on both the Touch and the app and then did a sync on both?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote