View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Why was it up to Apple to allow independent inspections of the working conditions?
It is not up to Apple per se, but up to everybody. Apple appears to have only done so in response to public outcry.

I am not an Apple Fan, and currently own no Apple products. Still I feel that they are at least trying to do this while not all companies implicated are.

I blame myself as a consumer as much as anyone and feel at the moment that I am unable to both justify and/or rectify my behavior. Mea culpa. I try on ocassion but not enough.

It is not all about China either. There are many situations in Canada that are unfair, unjust and just plain nasty.

Minimum wage is at an all time low in some provinces compared to union/government wages and that is without including benefits.

We are importing record numbers of people from other countries to take these low paying jobs and expecting them to be grateful for the opportunity to be living at a lower standard than those around them. Time Bomb I think.

I shop at convenience stores and big box stores with low wages, I buy food that I know has been produced inhumanely.

I have made efforts in the past to curb these habits, but have always slid back. Now I will try again.

Apple et al are only doing what I do on a larger scale with more profits/savings.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote