View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #72
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I really enjoyed the Harry Potter books... I thought it was a great story... and epic of good vs evil told in a manor that was entertaining and could capture the imagination of child and adult alike.
With the money she makes, she can afford a pretty big manor.

Rowling is an interesting case. I never tried reading the Potter books at first, but after watching the first few movies decided to give them a try-- and quickly gave up after browsing through a few (illegal downloads.) The interesting case? She creates interesting stories with interesting characters and interesting settings-- but with utterly pedestrian writing. The prose and dialogue just lies there on the page, dead. I couldn't force myself to read the whole books. So as a writer, I think Rowling makes some pretty good movies.

(It isn't just Rowling-- after watching and enjoying the series True Blood I took a look at the books it was based on. Yikes, what underwhelming writing!)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote