View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
I didn't realize there were rules for mandatory use of smilies. Maybe you could send me a list of the mandatory places I should use the smilies, and you better tell me which smilie to use in those situations because I wouldn't want to make a simple, honest mistake and use the wrong smilie. Horrors! Think of the potential abuse!
I'm not getting caught up in the right/wrong of the revealing of customer email addresses with bulk emailing. Rando I always look upon the use of smileys and emoticons (I believe they are called) as an expression of non-verbal communication. If you were to say in person to somebody what you would say here on a forum and recognise you would supplement the conversation with a light laugh or smile, then I would add an appropriate smiley to add to the forum post.

I don't believe there is a list of rules in which each should be used, I just find the best way (for me anyway) is to utilise them in conjunction with any form of emotion I would during a verbal communication.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote