View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
tekchic
Zealot
tekchic doesn't littertekchic doesn't litter

Device: iPhone X, iPad Pro
SD Card Troubleshooting

I used Sony Connect software to put five rtf books onto my SD card (512mb DaneElec brand(?) SD). I disconnected the Reader, and put the SD Card in there, and turned on the unit. It scanned and read the books, but when I went to open one, it was like it lost the memory card entirely, and my book count went from 30 to 25. Successive insert/ejects couldn't get it to read those books on the SD card again.

The 512 SD card works fine in my PC, works fine through Sony Connect, but Sony Reader doesn't play well with it. I don't know if it's because it's an off brand or what.

To troubleshoot, I took the 2gig mini-SD card out of my phone, put it in an adapter this time (ha ha), and put it into the Reader card slot. Bam! It cataloged all my rtf files and I was able to pull them up fine and read them.

I remember a post where someone said that the Sony Reader only catalogs once, and beyond that you have to reset the Reader if files on a card change. Is this true? Does that mean if you take the SD card and add more books to it, Sony won't catalog those?

Debating whether to just go purchase another SD card (this was an older one that worked fine up until now). I wanted to use my Magic Gate Pro Duo 512 mem stick from my PSP, but apparently they don't just sell the adapters by themselves anymore, so I'm out of luck there.

Anyone had issues with it refusing to read certain SD card brands?
tekchic is offline   Reply With Quote