View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Well, my Cybook has only 64MB of internal memory. The whole set of images is around 12MB. If I get to the the 5 languages I'm planning, that's 60MB for this single book. (Yes, I have a 2GB SD card, but that's optional.)

More troublesome, for me, is uploading time. My internet connection is not so great, it takes me ~5 minutes to upload this 12MB file. A 60MB file would take 25 minutes... and although it's less than half an hour, it's too long for uploading a book, I believe.

The other reason is more "aesthetic". I think it's a waste of resources to use 60MB for something that should take only 12MB, it just doesn't look right.

But, as I said, I'm not blaming anything on you. Mobiperl is already a great tool!
I am still thinking in terms of 64kb maximum image size... As I undertstood it it was only one image that was duplicated so I do not get how you loose more than the size of one image per book.

"aesthetic" is a good reason. Against that is the risk to introduce bugs when you have to have more complex code.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote