View Single Post
Old 11-28-2015, 08:57 PM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
My Calibre library is larger than the 4GB internal memory of my Aura H2O. If I were to factory reset my Aura and load my library onto an SD card as described above, would the Kobo also try to load the books into the internal memory? Or can I read books only & directly from the SD card?
When you put a book on a Kobo device, it is processed and details of the book are added to the internal database on the device. This is used for the library list and other book details when using the device. The books are not moved. When you read a book, it is opened wherever it was when you put it on the device. This includes the SD card.

And a warning: if you put a card in the device with 4GB of books on it, the processing will take a while. Your probably better to add them in smaller batches in case anything goes wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote