View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Bryson is talking about bookstores rather than books. Now I'm not the type of person who gets attached to independent stores, but I am gravely concerned about competition in the marketplace. As things stand today, you'd be lucky if anyone outside of MR could name two or more places to buy ebooks
Bookstores, books - same thing to me. They're on the out and no amount of marketing is going to stop the inevitable. As to competition, I liken it to a fight between buggy whip dealers. Survival will require a unique online presence. Failing that, it's adios.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote