View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #96
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbo View Post
It will not help. The path were history stored is hardcoded and it is in the internal memory. I tested with fb2 and position was saved ok. I'll try with epub but I doubt the format is the reason of the problem. We need to obtain the log file. I'll check how it could be done on onyx and will let you know
Hi Pkbo,

I just tried the experiment I mentioned above. I copied the complete cr3 subdirectory from the Onyx's internal memory to the MicroSDHC card and guess what? Cool Reader now works correctly and remembers what page it was on, stores bookmarks, citations and settings even after the program is exited.

Want to know what is really strange? It stores the bookmarks and other settings files in the bookmarks and cache subdirectories in the Onyx's internal memory. Go figure. Something is very strange with Cool Reader. Too bad they don't store this information on the removable memory card as it would facilitate moving e-books on memory cards between e-readers. I have both flavors of the Onyx i62, HD and HD ML and an M92, which I'm going to do some testing on next. I'd like to move the cards between all three e-readers.

Please share your observations/thoughts on this discovery.
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote