View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelBr View Post
BetterRed, thanks for confirming!

I guess I'm back to square one... I have so many duplicates, mousing around is simply going to take too much time and it's not worth it.

I guess I'll have to start a new topic and ask what the best way is to import 10,000 books... and deal with all the dupes etc.
@MelBr

Have you tried tapping the Home key after you do a merge with 'M' - with luck you should get the up/down arrow keys back - much easier than the mouse. See first image - its a stock apple keyboard.

If you're using a Macbook, then see this for Home, End etc shortcuts http://apple.stackexchange.com/quest...pageup-in-os-x

When you add books you can get Calibre to merge duplicates - its in the Control Add preferences. See second image.

And there's also a very good Plug-in - Find Duplicates - that can be useful for resolving duplicates.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MB110LL.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	102283   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	102284  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote