View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #108
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@ProDigit: Sounds fair enough. If you would trust yourself to try packaging, you might as well have simply gone in the Kindle and fix the files by hand. So it is a Catch 22 - if you want to avoid going in and fixing it, go ahead and just create your own package. The catch is, to make sure you made the package right, you have to go in and in the very least check that you changed the right files.

@all: I checked out the package-tool this morning, and looks simple enough. (Well, not THAT simple) I managed to extract the dummy package. Since it looks like it simply runs a shell script and can picky-pack files in a .gz file.

Questions about kindletool:
1) Do I still need to chmod the files to make sure they have the right permissions, or is it enough if they have the right permission when sticking them into the .gz file?

2) Do I need to mntroot rw and mntroot ro in the script that runs in the update file, or does it run in a state where root is mounted rw to begin with?

3) Do I need to stop and start daemons if I change them? Or does it simply reboot after the .bin got installed?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote