View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:01 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
If you look at what happened... The original offering was in PDF and HTML format. To me, this indicated that the folks at TOR thought that people were going to read on their computers or print to paper. Later offerings came in MobiPocket format, and I believe that was because so many people wrote asking for a true eBook format.
Actually, the first free eBook was in PDF only. Then they got enough complaints that they then gave away the HTML later on for people who asked for it. The second free eBook onward was in PDF, HTML, and Mobipocket. But, where the PDF had a nice ToC, the HTML and Mobipocket formats did not have a ToC at all. So it seems while Tor was acquiescing to the readers, they didn't care enough to actually truly give us what we wanted. And the fact that they ignored the Sony users is another blunder on their part. I mean really, how hard is it to make a proper ToC for the HTML and then use that to make the Mobipocket edition along with a Sony Edition. Mobipocket Publisher and Calibre are easy enough to use.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote