Thread: Wool in ePub?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #46
hughhowey
Enthusiast
hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughhowey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I had a weird thing happen when I read the first three Wool books on my Sony reader. I downloaded them from Amazon (why would I do such a thing? well they were free!) and then converted them in Calibre. The files had extra characters here and there. They are not typos. For a long time I wondered if they were a secret code and I would scrutinize them closely. But I got books 4 and 5 from B&N and they didn't have these extra characters. I have no idea what could have caused this. Here are some examples, copy and pasted from Calibre:

had felt,>As with its floors and floors of apartments

“Do you think it was an accident? A fire or a power outag, be?”

The first year without angher, Holston had waited,

Although I have "bought" dozens and dozens of Amazon freebies, these are the first that I actually *read* so I have no idea if it happens frequently with Amazon books converted with Calibre.

eP
That's very strange. I would guess it was something Calibre choked on, maybe some background code left in the .mobi file. The books were never published with those sorts of typos (just other sorts )
hughhowey is offline   Reply With Quote