View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
Plus side is the screens are BEAUTIFUL on the ones I kept. It took me 2 returns each time to find each good one so I had to buy 6 bleeding Kindles to get two with great screens, but they are nearly as white as my computer screen and very bold. The first two in each go were murky, greenish and bad contrast. Horrid quality control Amazon...shame on you...or shame on e-ink. I don't know if it is a QC issue e-ink has across the board of if Amazon bought a cheaper "binning" of screens but in any case it's a mess. I would have given up if I was doing this via post...being able to go right back in and change them made the difference.
I actually own one of those murky, greenish and bad contrast K4s. Changing the font has helped me tolerate it. I do want to let you know the back of the K4s are stainable. I'm not sure if it's just my unit or my case but I bought my K4 in October and it now had black stains on the back of it. I seldom take mine out of the case so I have no idea how it happens. I don't own a cheap case either. I see me upgrading to a KT soon.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote