View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Keroberos
Zealot
Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keroberos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini (4GB), Nook Classic wi-fi, iPod Touch (Bluefire Reader)
Is that CSS is for a horizontal rule (<hr />)? If it is, remove the padding, that makes it 1em + 1px [Oops my mistake, that should be 1px +1em +1em +1px] high. Use this,
Code:
border: none;
 color: #9cc1b8;
 background: #9cc1b8;
 height: 1px;
 width: 100%;
 margin:0;
This will make the line 1px high.

A single CSS error will break all the formatting on all ADE based e-readers (Nook, Sony, Kobo), that is probably why the Pubit preview was not showing any formating. Use Adobe Digital Editions to preview your epubs to catch these errors. I don't know how many times I've pulled my hair out over a dropped semi-colon in my CSS when I started creating epubs.

Added thought, the original appeared to work in Sigil and Calibre because of the missing semi-colon, it ignored everything after this, margin: 0em 0em 0em 0em in that line.

Last edited by Keroberos; 03-22-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Sometimes I suck.
Keroberos is offline   Reply With Quote