View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #47
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
The results of the poll are very interesting. It seems that a majority of Mobile Read forum members are happy with the Kobo Touch but that most of the threads here are started by people who are dissatisfied.

For my part, my wife and I are both happy with the Kobo Touch. The storage error was annoying but not a deal breaker (and it has since been fixed), and there are niggling quirks and features that would be nice to have, but overall, I have no complaints because it excels at the one thing I bought it for: serving as a book reader.
I'm having difficulty deciding between the Nook STR and the Kobo Touch. I like the KT's native support for CBR/CBZ but not pleased by the variety of problems that have plagued it. (I already have an iPad, had a nootered nook color, but I just want an ereader that doesn't need tinkering otherwise I'd just buy a nook ST and nooter it and add a comic reader)

People posting "I'm pleased with the Kobo Touch in spite of <fill_in_the_blank> issue" does not instill confidence in purchasing one. All that says is that KT buyers have a higher tolerance for issues. I was leaning toward the KT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
And honestly, looking at the other readers on the market shows that none of them are without their quirks and quibbles
Since we're talking honestly, some readers on the market are of higher quality than others.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote