View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiulioP View Post
I've already thought that browsing the screen with buttons (with the kindle i.e.) is very time consuming.... I can't imagine how it can be equal to a touchscreen...
and the other thing I don't like about the kindle is that you must buy from them and it does not support Epub...
For the main purpose, reading, and even for dictionary lookups, the Kindle's five-way is fine.
While I like the touch screen on my Sony for playing chess, I can't stand it for page turns, which are the single most used feature for me.
My young son like the touch screen swipes for page turns, so YMMV.

And if I'm not using one of the larger fonts, then double tapping to look up a word in the dictionary often has my big hands selecting the wrong word, so I find Kindle's five-way faster and more precise.

Plus, no fingerprints on the screen.
Unless I've been using the Sony or iPod Touch for a while, then pick up the Kindle and forget it's not a touch screen....

The only odd thing is that the Kindle gives you some features that would be GREAT with a touch screen: web browsing, games....oh well.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote