View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #24
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Hope this isn't thread jacking too badly, but on the previous page, someone asked about my dualboot on internal memory setup for CM7 and stock. These are the steps I followed for dualboot of CM7 and Stock (rooted) from internal memory (emmc), with the CM7 as the primary installation. If I boot w/o holding any buttons when powering on the Nook, I boot to CM7. If I boot and hold the "N" button while powering the Nook, I boot to my "stock", but rooted installation.

By having the CM7 on the primary partitions, I can easily update my CM7 w/ new builds or kernels w/o affecting the stock partition, and w/o having to wait for any tweaks to the CM7 zip file to be able update.

The one (possible) downside, is that when B&N finally issue their update. I will need to backup my CM7 installation; reinstall the B&N stock (rooted); and then update to the newer B&N software. I will then need to root; and then setup my dualboot environment; and restore my CM7 installation.

These are the steps I followed:

1 - follow steps to get rooted (I used autonooter 3.0 to root B&N 1.1).

2 - download Clockwork "ROM Manager" from the market

3 - run "Rom Manager" and select the option to "Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery" (CMR). If it asks, select Nook Color, NOT "old" nook color

4 - reboot NC (I've heard this step can help prevent bootlooping when first installing CMR.

5 - download from the "dualboot" thread on XDA the following files:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959461

- prep-dualboot file (this will shrink the "media" partition (folder) to create room for the second installation
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20480343/prep-dualboot-0.1.zip

- flashable zip to move your stock Eclair to dual boot partition (this is used to copy your rom from the stock partitions to the second partitions.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20480343/ecl...hable-v0.1.zip

6 - download the version of HC7 and gapps that you want to install from cyanogenmod.com. You can use the actual CM7 release, or even a nightly build (more beta).
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/nook-color

google apps for cm7:
http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/...307-signed.zip

7 - make sure that all the .zip files you have downloaded in #5 & #6 are in the "root" directory of your sdcard. If you download them straight to your nook, they will probably end up on the sdcard in the "\download" directory. It is easier if you move them (using a file manager) to the "\" directory.

8 - run "rom manager" from the NC and select "Reboot into Recovery"
- use volume keys to select "install zip from sdcard" and hit the N button
- select "choose zip from sdcard" (hit N)
- select the "dualboot prep" zip file and click "yes"
(note: the power button will take you back a level in the menu tree)

9 - after the dualboot prep completes, use the same process to "install zip from sdcard" and install the "eclair to dualboot" zip.

10 - back out of the menu tree in Clockwork Recovery (power button) until you can select "reboot system now"

11 - it should boot into your original stock (eclair) installation

12 - power off the NC

13 - Hold down the N button while powering up (only hold the power button for about 5 seconds, the N button can be held a little longer). You should now boot into the second stock installation (I don't know how you confirm that this is what you booted into, but you want to make sure it boots).

14 - run Rom Manager and select "boot into recovery" (note: you can also boot into recovery by holding the volume up AND down button in while powering up the NC. This is because the normal way to boot into recovery while powered off because the N button now boots to the second installation).

15 - from Clockwork recovery, install the Cm7 zip; and then gapps zip. then reboot

16 - YOU should now see the CM7 boot logo. It will take awhile to boot on the first time. you will want to get wifi setup so the gapps will install properly.

17 - power off and hold the N button when you reboot to verify the stock installation.

WINNING!!!!

18 - you can now download some of the updated kernels, or newer builds for CM7 and use Clockwork recovery to flash them w/o needed to tweak them for installation to SDcard or for installation to the 2nd internal memory partition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevraziel View Post
@jasoraso

Could you please explain how to dual boot CM7.0.0 stable and stock B&N, both on eMMC. Right now I run OCed CM7.0.0 stable on a 8GB sd card. And I have non rooted B&N stock OS. Do I need to root the stock OS and install CWM first.

Thanks.

Last edited by jasoraso; 04-22-2011 at 06:59 PM.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote