View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Maybe I'm dumb, but ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Sure. Make a custom column based on other columns. The template would be something like:
{comments:re((?i).*last page read: location \((\d+)\).*,\1)}

This will find the last 'Last Page Read' in comments. If you want to find the first such line, then try:
{comments:re((?i).*?last page read: location \((\d+)\).*,\1)}
Hi Chaley
Again thanks for your efforts.
However I can't get this to work.
If I create a custom column pct_read with your examples, ALL the contents of the {comments} are shown. Have tried via google to find more info, but I'm into info overload right now.
Q: (?i) = both upper/lower case matches ?
I Know the first letter in the search string is always upper case.
I "just" want to grab 99% , or even better 99
and then use that for another column where pct_read > 98 = read/yes/whatever
Tried changing \1 to \2 ( and 3, 4 etc ) cause I thought the match would there, ( 2 x .* ) but ..
Too tired right now,
If you have the time, energy etc. would it help if I sent you more info ? If so please tell me what you need.
I'm also confused that any custom columns I create will show in the Books Detail. That was not my intension.
Hope this is trivial to you, and other gurues
One of you just might
Eventually I'll have to understand all this.
Thanks so far.

Edit: This is "only" nice to have .. but it would be neat
Edit2: Could be unrelated, but trying to build a new catalog, I got author_sort errors on the author I used for checking the new columns.
Need sleep

Last edited by pchrist7; 01-15-2011 at 07:13 AM. Reason: catalog problems
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote