View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
Ravenswd
Enthusiast
Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravenswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 7"
Can you sideload a book on a Kindle?

I apologize for asking so many questions. I offer free eBooks on my website, but I don't own a Kindle, so I need other people to help me with the Kindle-specific details to make sure I'm doing things right.

When I first set-up eBooks for people to download on my site, I had heard that the only way to send an eBook to a Kindle was to have it emailed to your amazon account (yourname@amazon.com). So, I set-up a script on my site to do that. I presume it's working, because nobody's complained, but I can't be sure.

However, I've since added versions for Nook as well, and with the Nook, you can either browse the web on your Nook and click on the file URL, or you can download the file to your PC and sideload it using a cable. My question is, can the Kindle receive content by either of those two methods? I want to make things as simple as possible for my readers. If the Kindle can get the files directly the way the Nook can, then I can ditch the email script and just provide a link to the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Ravenswd is offline   Reply With Quote