View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
9. Password protection option
Losing a Kindle could be expensive. Anyone finding your Kindle could quickly buy a ton of books and have themselves a nice little library of brand new books in their hand. It would really be great if we had the ability to password protect our Kindle. Most users would probably get annoyed if they had to enter a password every time the Kindle went into sleep mode, but if we are traveling, or just have books on our Kindle we don't want others to see, then having a password mode would really be useful. Having the ability to 'lock out'/'password protect' certain files would also be useful in the case of a family that shares a Kindle and doesn't want their children viewing certain files.
Amazon has stated that they will not hold a Kindle owner responsible for purchases made on a lost or stolen Kindle. It's also a very simple matter to de-register a Kindle from your Amazon account.Right near the top of your "Manage Your Kindle" page, it lists all of the Kindle devices registered to your account with the device's name, it's e-mail address, it's warranty number(if any), a hotlink to edit the device's info, and then a hot link to deregister it. A follow up call to Kindle support should then take care of any unauthorized purchases. I de-registered my Kindle 2 when I sold it to my father-in-law after upgrading to the DX and it was just as easy as following that hot link.

Some sort of way to keep children out of files you don't want them to have access to is another story. I don't see any way to do that with the way it's set up now.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote