View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #15
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_ronin View Post
The only inconsistency this leaves is with the proofer: I can't see a reason though why you might need more than a simple, comma-separated list. Can anyone?
Theoretically, and keeping in mind that I do all my books myself and for myself (they are still covered by copyrights, I can't spread them), you may want to contact a proofer or another - so you need an e-mail and possibly some IM. You can add them to the list (into parentheses, or something), but if the amount of data still increases, the list will become even less readable.

Do you have any specific reason why you don't want to use multiple meta's?
Code:
<meta name="proofer" content="Person A" />
<meta name="proofer" content="Person B" />
<meta name="proofer" content="Person C" />
Consistently, you could do all multiple-value metas this way, e.g. for author. Reason being, it makes sense to place a book by A. Smith and B. Johnson both among "Smith books" and "Johnson books". A book can belong to multiple series (e.g. Feist's Daughter of the Empire belongs to Empire Saga as book 1, but can also be considered to belong to Midkemia series as book 4(5)).

Quote:
All dates in dd/mmm/yyyy format. Use leading 0's for all numbers less than 10.
Personally, I prefer the SQL-standard of yyyy-mm-dd, which is easy to sort even in textual form.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote